Distance from hotel: 158.5 km
Linderhof Castle and Park
Ludwig II, who was crowned king in 1864, began his building activities in 1867/68 by designing his rooms in his Munich Residence and laying the foundation stone of the palace of Neuschwanstein. As early as 1868, Ludwig II developed the first building projects for the Linderhof. He set his sights on the former hunting lodge of his father, Maximillian II, which was then located in the former castle’s forecourt, and which Ludwig II had already become accustomed to as a crown prince when he had gone hunting with his father. Linderhof was developed over long periods of construction and modification. It was the only castle that was completed during his lifetime.
More information: www.schlosslinderhof.de